Must Read Information from Schmitt’s Tax Service
The regulations of the Internal Revenue Service (I.R.S.) have become more and more complicated over the years for both Taxpayers and Tax Preparers. These regulations are enforced and regulated now more than ever and the fines and penalties are pursued more aggressively. Each and every taxpayer should be aware of this fact and consult with their tax preparer for details.
Here are some IMPORTANT details that ALL taxpayers NEED TO KNOW:
1) Due to the increasing nationwide problem with identity theft, if you are a new client you MUST show photo identification.
2) Schmitt’s Tax Service currently accepts CASH, CHECK or CREDIT CARDS (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express)
3) Schmitt’s Tax Service conducts sit down tax appointments and also accepts drop offs Monday through Friday, between 10:00am-7:00pm.
4) If you do not have receipts or acceptable confirmation for ANY tax deduction or tax write off at the time your tax return is completed you will NOT be able to take that specific tax deduction or tax write off. This includes medical bills, charity donations, mileage logs, business receipts/statements, rental expenses, daycare expenses, etc…
5) Schmitt’s Tax Service REFERRAL PROGRAM bonus is the lessor of $50 or 20% of the referred clients tax preparation fee for that tax year. This bonus Doubles for every Bookkeeping client you send to us. Just make sure the new client(s) gives us your name as the person who referred them.
6) Amended Return Fees: Federal return is $75 and each State return is $25.